Our award-winning infrastructure delivers a simple, easy- to- use API with high-quality bank connectivity, enabling companies in three segments: banking accounting and payments. Our customers range from big banks, such as Danske Bank, DNB, OP Bank and Santander, to large accounting companies like Dinero and Pleo. We also support startups that are pushing their new solutions live. And as we grow over the coming years, we plan to expand our solution to the rest of Europe and develop new products to offer value-added services on top of our open banking network.
We’re product people in a financial world who build cut-to-the-bone, frictionless and highly effective products. We’re constantly improving and growing as a company and as individuals, and we welcome a positive can-do attitude and thinking outside the box in any form. We believe that people thrive when they get to express their creativity and deliver results, and we respect that no fixed time slot for creative work exists. Punching a clock is a thing of the past.
The Infrastructure Division
We provide critical infrastructure to a new field in the world of finance. Working within the financial field, and more specifically with money, means maintaining a high level of security and compliance is vital to us. But all too often this task tends to be a hindering burden of inexplicable bureaucracy (ask anyone who’s ever worked at a bank). That’s why we decided early on that we would do things differently, in order to never end up in that situation, by having security built-in and making compliance super easy.
Our development motto is to be secure as a bank, yet flexible as a startup. Our products are built based on the principles of privacy and security by design, and focus heavily on data minimisation, transparency and strong segregation of responsibilities. This has made us the trusted open banking provider for a number of enterprise companies, such as DNB, Danske Bank and OP.
The Infrastructure Division is responsible for our core building platform, our Azure setup, access management, incident management systems and processes, security and compliance audits. It provides the fundamentals for our development teams to build and operate products that are secure by default.
- Ownership for and improvements of our robust Privileged Identity Management and RBAC setup in Azure
- Maintain and improve our incident management processes and implementation of them using PagerDuty, Twilio, Statuspage and our internal tools
- Monitor and optimise our Azure cloud setup to ensure we’re using the cloud in an effective and cost-efficient manner
- Work together with our delivery organisation, management and compliance to continuously improve our security and processes, in order to make our company effortlessly secure.
- Work closely with our guilds and DevOps engineers to ensure our cloud infrastructure and development processes are as smooth and efficient as possible
- Performing and automating compliance and security audits of our cloud infrastructure
- Automate processes wherever possible using Azure Functions, Python and TypeScript
- Perform user and access management using Azure Active Directory
- BSc or higher education
- Extensive experience with Azure and working with Azure Active Directory
- Working proficiency with Kubernetes is a plus
- A leading position within one of the most innovative areas of payments
- To be part of a technology-driven culture that includes expert payment and engineering colleagues
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- Exciting Gatherings where all teams from three locations meet to inspire each other and have fun
- Stellar equipment for your work, both in office and at home.
- Competitive compensation packages
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial service, apply or reach out to Guðmundur Hreiðarsson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Technical Product Director, Infrastructure. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.