Are you able to connect dots others would never even think of connecting? Do you get excited finding smart solutions to complex problems? Maybe butterflies in your stomach when we tell you that you could take part in disrupting the payments industry? Are you dying to work in a company where you can truly influence and change things?
As Tech Team Lead of the Gateway Team, you’ll hold the technological heart of Nordic API Gateway in your hands. You’ll drive the development, architecture and operations of Nordic API Gateway forward. You, and the product lead of the Gateway team will be partners in crime, planning out key deliveries. The Gateway Team counts several developers and is situated in Copenhagen. The team has full product and technical ownership of the solutions it provides. Ranging from frontend to backend, from operations to client contacts, from hardcore backend development to web development. Ergo - you need to be pretty broad, and up to date in order to keep up.
You will lead and inspire a team of developers building cutting-edge solutions for modern Open Banking payments. You will lead by example and set the bar high to drive technical implementations.
At our heart is the principle of privacy by default, which we use for all our system designs, employing strong segregation of responsibilities and minimising data processing. We embrace having a convention-driven tech stack, building in C# on the .NET Core framework and Angular on the frontend. Our solution runs fully on Azure.
We’ve grown a lot, and our main focus moving forward is to ensure that our system grows with us. 🌱Effective microservice architecture is something that will make that growth sustainable. Internally, we are following an API first strategy to allow for openness and innovation in-house. You will be a key player in this growth, and defining and implementing the future technological strategy of the Gateway.
- You’ll be ultimately responsible for the technical deliveries of the team
- To ensure the right technical choices and plans to reach our strategic goals
- To ensure the team is self-organising, enabling other developers to deliver any task themselves
- Architecture and planning of key activities
- Participation in the Tech Lead group, ensuring alignment and doing technical planning across the company
- And, of course, coding!
We expect you to:
- +5 year experience of software development, across different fields and technical stacks
- Have experience from leading a team or natural leadership skills
- Have experience working with high availability systems and API development
- Be curious, ambitious and constantly hungry for new knowledge
- Be pragmatic and product savvy.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be a key player in disrupting the sector as we know it
- You will be a key figure in setting our direction, both internally and externally
- Office located at Wilders Plads in Christianshavn
- Lunch served by Udicini every day
Who are we? Finance shouldn’t be filled with hindrances and struggles - it should be easy and frictionless. That’s why we’ve built one API to rule them all - Nordic API Gateway.
It’s a developer-friendly API that has connections to all the bank APIs in the Nordics. Nordic API Gateway allows our customers to perform account-to-account payments and access bank data for their end users. At this moment, companies like Pleo, Danske Bank, OP and Dinero are fuelling their smart solutions with our product.
The key to our past success? We don’t just build tech to build tech - we do it to build kick-ass products. We’ve tamed the chaos of bank APIs through smart abstractions and managed to develop a solution that simple to use with high operational stability. With our strong focus on security and privacy, we have built Nordic API Gateway so that it fulfils the heavy security and compliance requirements in the financial sector right out of the box, making it a breeze to navigate in an otherwise very compliance-burdened field.
Are you ready to take off with us? 🚀
Send us your CV or reach out on Linkedin. If you have a code, Github or project you feel proud of, we would love to see it so we have a solid foundation for our tech talks.
In case you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our Lead Engineer and Co-founder, Guðmundur Hreiðarsson at firstname.lastname@example.org.